Decisions and consequences

Welcome!

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services.
Share and discuss the best content and new marketing ideas, build your professional profile and become a better marketer together.

Learners decisions and consequences.

Els

Think of any two decisions they have taken in the past. Ask them to further decide whether they think the consequences of that decision were positive or negative.

1. What was the problem or situation?

2. What decision did you arrive at and how?

3. What were the consequences of your decision?

4. If you found yourself in the same situation again, what is it that you would do differently?

5 Comments
Discard
Sarah chemutai kurgat
-

Taking drugs,talked to the client n followed his class work,the boy improved n stopped taking drugs,he is grateful upto date,if in same situation, I will employ counselling techniques

Betty jepchumba
-

Betty jepchumba

Problem

Absenteeism, talked to the student on the need to be in school

Signs

Drop in performance

Feel rejected

Negative attitude towards some of the subject that has covered much in his/her absensire

What to if incase it happens again involve the parent

Give guidance and counselling

A learner committed an abortion. Through counseling, debriefing was done. She confessed that abortion led to guilt and self blame. She said she won't do it again and would be an ambassador against teen pregnancy and abortion.

Patricia Ogutu
-

Abusing drugs

Had sessions with the learner who opened up on how he gets drugs from friends and abuse them, looked at pros and cons of taking the drugs later learner saw the need to stop the act

Consequences

Had to be alone for sometime

Lost friends

With time gained my self esteem

Same situation again

I would not allow myself into it again

Consult a counselor

Jetrudah Njoki
-

1.learners being introduced to drug taking.

2.informed the victim to bring their parents individually and in different time.

2.parents could not side with me initially but later after evidence,we came to a conclusion.

4what I could do differently if found in the same situation is to involve the learner in making a writing and ask for the pardon. This will make the learner own the mistake and be positive to change.

222 Answers
Purity Wairimu
Best Answer

Buy a piece of land Building a house and the effects were positive.

Discard
Radhia Nyongesa
Best Answer

The two decisions were joining a group of lazy and indisciplined peers and stopping consultation from teachers. This was done so as to fit in and not look like a bookworm.

Consequences were poor academic performance and doing minor punishments frequently due to engagement in activities that go against school rules and regulations. 

If given a chance, they would change and avoid such groups because above all else, the parents are discouraged by the poor academic performance; from paying school fees and sending pocket money.

Discard
Best Answer

Problem

Signs

Drop in performance

Feel rejected

Negative attitude towards some of the subject that has covered much in his/her absensure

Zakaria Abdirizack

Discard
Mary Njuguna
Best Answer

Being sexually abused by cousin at early age.

Originally kept it a secret but the situation did not changefinally got courage and told the mother.

The problem was solved but the mother was hurt.

Fell out with the cousins family.

If it were today,could have confided with someone immediately.

Discard
Rachel Waweru
Best Answer

A form 4 boy decided to drop out of school because of an indiscipline case, went to do manual job in a construction site ,the building collapsed and he died. it was too late .

Discard
Rael Jeptoo
Best Answer

Poor performance in school

1.Talking to the child and involving the parent

2.Improved performance 

3.To always establishe the cause of poor performance 

Discard
Salome Njoki Mbugua
Best Answer

Relationship with a Boda boda rider

Talked with the student on consequences girl stopped relationship , performance improved.

Discard
Elly Ngetich
Best Answer

Whether to engage in boy/girl relationship.

Decided not to engage in relationship.

It could lead to STIs infection and early pregnancies

In case of the same challenge, they reported not to engage in the vice.

Discard
Nancy Wagatwe
Best Answer

Low self esteem_said he hates himself.Iasked to identity what he is good at,could not ._ parents had put alot of academic pressure bin him, using demeaning words.i encouraged him to appreciate Positive aspects of his life,even those non-academic.

Discard
FELIX OMONDI OMOLLO
Best Answer

Form 4 students boycotted exams.

They were all sent home to bring parents after which each student picked the exam and sat for it.

Effects, we noted they did it just for the sake.

Next time I would employ guidance and counseling.

Discard
Julius Bett
Best Answer

A boy who wanted to drop out of school because the father was not willing to pay his school fees
After talking, he made a decision to continue with education . 
I also made effort to reach the parent who obliged reluctantly.

Discard
Mirriam David
Best Answer

A girl who wanted to drop out of school. After talking she made a decision to continue with education 

Discard
Polyne Akoth obudho
Best Answer

Relationship.

The girl confessed having a boyfriend

She was sorry after guidance and counseling, accepted to drop the relationship and finish her study

Discard
Esther Anyuduk
Best Answer

Problems: 

* A girl stopped coming to school because she realised that she had become pregnant

* A boy came to school drunk and disorderly and could not concentrate in class

What I did:

* Offered G&C to both the learners separately

* Punished the boy by asking him to clean the boys'latrines

Consequences of my decisions:

* Learners accepted their mistakes

* The girl promised to come back to school after giving birth

What I can do differently the next time:

After identifying the challenges, I would discuss the choices with the learners and ask them to own their mistakes. 

I would then ask them to commit in writing

Discard
Norah jeptoo
Best Answer

The problem- Family wrangles, the girl feels not cared, not loved under the care step father. She decided to involve herself in boy/girl relationship, and sneaked with the colleague to have sex. Reason, she wants to drop out of school. I counselled her to accept the situation, and be positive about the step- father . She calmed down, felt ashamed and asked for forgiven. 

If same situation happens again, i will employ guidance and counseling techniques.       

Discard
Joy Avia Kavita
Best Answer

1.Last week the students were to vote for their student leaders.Some of the form 3 students decided to write insults to teachers on the ballot papers.They were heavily pubished, collectively.Given the same situation they have confessed they would never repeat the mistake.

2.In another situation a student was punished by kneeling.She decided to fake illness by pretending that the kneeling had caused injury to her knee.She wasted two weeks at home trying to seek medication for a non existing sickness.When she came back she still had to finish her punishment and apologize.Given the same she would start by apologizing and doing the punishment as instructed.

Discard
THOMAS KIWAR NGIROO
Best Answer

The situation entails going to back to learn at the expense of spending the holiday with my kids and family and the financial constraints

i am planning to go ahead and join

Discard
Asenath kabutia
Best Answer

1.Taking drugs 

2. Sexual advances 

Decision 

Said no

The friendship ended 

Any other time would still be no.

Discard
Alice Manjuki
Best Answer

A class 8  girl run away from home... So we reported the case to chief and the girl was found  ..I had a talk with her about the importance of education and also the consequences of early marriage.Iam happy because right she is continuing  with  her studies and she promised me she will pass.

I will settle and achieve my goals

Discard
Recho atwane
Best Answer

A girl was always absent.she dropped in performance.the problem was fee.parents had to be involved on way forward 

Discard
Florence kyeni
Best Answer

A pupil was playing truancy ,l talked to him about the important of being in school and changed

Discard
Beatrice Kedogo
Best Answer

Problem

Absentism--

Talked to the child on the need to be in school always.

Signs

Drop on performance

Feel rejected

Negative attitude towards some of the subjects that have been covered much in his/her absenture.

If it's continued the parents to be involved

Give guidances and counseling

Discard
hannah nyambura
Best Answer

Drug abuse, advice the parent to take the student for a  cancelling they are greatiful  update

Discard
Best Answer

Abusing drugs

Had sessions with the learner who opened up on how he gets drugs from friends and abuse them, looked at pros and cons of taking the drugs later learner saw the need to stop the act

Consequences

Lost friends

Same situation again

Consult a counselor.

Discard
Delvin
Best Answer

Problem was absenteeism..she dropped in all subjects and felt rejected..GNC

Discard
Kiplagat Zephaniah
Best Answer

Problem: impulse use of pocket money

Assisted the student to always make a budget.

After this,the student had money throughout the term.

Discard
Juliet Akinyi
Best Answer

There's a boy who had a problem  of impregnating a school girl. He was under pressure to marry her yet he was a student just like her. He decided to discuss the issue with his parents who took the responsibility of settling the matter with the girls family. The girl was to stay with her parents,deliver then later on bring the child to the boy's parents.

Consequences: positive- The boy was relieved psychologically.

Negatively- It brought shame to the boy and affected his performance.

The boy is now wiser after seeking counseling.

Discard
Catherine katua
Best Answer

A boy asked a certain girl for a date..the girl agreed..on the same day she was forced to have sex..she later got pregnant and dropped out of school..

I would have denied the outing offer

Discard
Grace Wanyonyi
Best Answer

The problem was peer pressure,the student had  started using drug to please her peers.We talked and she agreed to drop the friends because the had also realized the negative impact.

She agreed to stay away from the Friends with the help of the father.

Discard
Emily Loutatia
Best Answer

Language barrier &untidyness of learner's in dressing.we began giving them counselling session s one by one while sending them home to bring & buy the full school attire.It walked well.we encourage to practice talking in the official language on humbly.Which they did(most of them)

Discard
Erick Kwoba
Best Answer

Walking out of school- it was caused by lack of focus.

Decision to abuse drugs

Daciding to  to be defiant to school authority

Discard
Wilfresher Auma
Best Answer

Boy girl relationship, talked to the two severally and they had to make decision by separating which has helped the girl perform well

Discard
Best Answer

A girl was involved in pre- marital sex. Talked to her and stopped her performance improved. 

Discard
Rutto celestine
Best Answer

Problems 

1.Drug and substance abuse

Chronic absentee

Discussion

1.Stop using drugs

2.Comw to school

Consequences

Improve character traits i.e displine

Improve class performance

Discard
Best Answer

Taking  drugs 

Signs _ absent from  school 

Appreciated  after the counselling 

Discard
Mary songok
Best Answer

Problem; was away from school since she wasn't at home either.

Decision; traced her& brought her back school,then punished her and later guided her.

The girl changed, was ever present in school.

I would have talked to her first, get to know the reason of her behaviour,then counsell her.

Discard
Mary Muthoni
Best Answer

learners couplings 

called them individually and counselled 

changed  and performed better 

would still do the same

Discard
Best Answer

Truancy: talked with the learner and he accepted to attend school

Discard
Mary Nyambura Gitau
Best Answer

Avoiding bad company

Absenteeism 

Discard
Lucy kagendo
Best Answer

Failure to finish assignment.did the assignment for the sake of it.consequence . did not understand the content.l would be keen on the work done and give advice

Discard
Best Answer

A girl says she ran away from home because of her mother's rejection. Got a job as a house help for two weeks.... Almost  raped in the house where she is employed... Goes back home reconcile with the mother who takes her back to school ___ says if she found herself in the same situation again she'd seek for counseling. 

Discard
Best Answer

Some pupils in my class decided to sprinkle water on one of them during the lunch break as part of birthday celebrations.In the process,the victim got so wet he had to go home in the afternoon to change his clothes.He automatically lost the afternoon lessons.

In another Incident,some pupils decided to exchange jackets in class .The victims who were boys and girls later on engaged in irresponsible friendships and it was chaotic.

If I found myself in the same situation again,I would apply not just counsel them but I would also train them on decision making.

Discard
Frida micheni
Best Answer

A girl was having a relationship with a teacher.I decided to counsel the girl and also talked to the concerned teacher.They both accepted to leave it at that and the girl improved very much in performance.Incase of a repeat i will still do counselling.

Discard
Yarasiwa Thomas
Best Answer

Problem

Signs

Drop in performance

Feel rejected

Negative attitude towards some of the subject that has covered much in his/her absensire

Discard
Esther Munyua
Best Answer

Abusing drugs.They were provided by friends in his food then started to buy from them leading to debts and irritability.

He confessed and was counselled.Swore to stay clean away from drugs

Discard
Anne miringu
Best Answer

a learner involved in stealing and selling scrap metal. using guidance and counselling skills i was able to help the child and there is a positive response.

Discard
Best Answer

Learner wanted to drop school.I talked to him and monitored him and I found out that he lacke basic needs .l assisted hm and kept on encouraging him.

Discard
Best Answer

The issue was absenteeism, talked to the student about the consequences. which are poor performance, missing opportunities in life. counsel and empower the student.

Discard
Best Answer

Problem: crash programs in school, no time with the week and also Saturday to train peer educators

Solution: trained on Sunday after service from 11 am. The rest the time to be fixed after exam

Discard
Hellen sainah
Best Answer

The problem 

Drug abuse 

Decision  arrived at 

By all means  took all kinds

Consequences 

Indiscipline

Poor performance 

Addiction

Dropping out of school

What would you do differently if you find yourself in the same situation?

I would not let myself  into  it again.

Go for rehabilitation programs 

Discard
Mary Wanjiru Ng'ang'a
Best Answer

The learners refused to sit for mid-term exams

Consequence was that they were sent home to bring their parents and some regretted the decision after talking to them. 

given a chance they said the would do things differently. they would sit the exam since they now knew it was a way of preparing and evaluating them

Discard
Viola kulei
Best Answer

What was the problem?Taking drugs

What led to the decision?Stress caused by poverty

What were the results? Dropping out of school after posting poor results for quite some time

Cannot wish to be in the same state anymore,it is hell

Discard
Virginiah Gakahu
Best Answer

A learner who dropped on performance due you bad company back at home

Discussed and she saw the need to keep off and concentrate with her study instead

She made it and performed well in her kcpe

She is happy n doing good in high school,she also learnt from past mistakes and now very focused

Discard
Truphenah j kosgei
Best Answer

Problem on student's who had become chronic absentees.I talk to them on importance of attenting all lessons in school,they accept and they have improved on their performance.If faced with similar challenge next time I will employ knowledge learn in psychosocial learning

Discard
Edward Ondieki
Best Answer

Truancy by the student. Talked to him about the importance of remaining in school throughout and the boy improved. 

Discard
john omache
Best Answer

Chronic absenteeism by the student. Talked to him about the importance of attending school regularly and the boy improved. Will continue employing all strategies at disposal

Discard
DORIES TITO
Best Answer

Problem: Teen sexual relationships

Decision: abstain

Consequences: good performance

If I found myself in the same situation again I would offer guidance and counselling.

Discard
JOYCE ODHIAMBO
Best Answer

The problem was,a student found his classmate with the book he has been looking for and infact he failed to copy notes for one full week coz of his misplaced book. The boy who was beaten reported him to the teachers and they were talked to and allowed to go back to class without punishment,on their way to class the boy who had lost his book picked up a fight again and ran away from school,after a day he came back to school with his guardian and was suspended for 2weeks

He came back recently and was so remoseful and went a head and apologized to the boy

Discard
Patriciah kyalo
Best Answer

Poor performance in class. Decisions _to concentrate in class 

Consequences _improve in grade and achieve her goals. 

What else l can do _encourage the learner rewarding for any improvement 

Discard
Patroba Kosgei
Best Answer

decision - to be disciplined and improve their performance in school.

this resulted in improved perfomance and good relationship with peers and teachers and emotional stability.

I do not regret tthe decision made.

Discard
Susan Amimo
Best Answer

A student wanted  to quit  school at form three because he felt he's not performing and was better off doing business been talking to him and encouraging him to keep on working. 

He's now happier and encouraged to stay on 

Has improved and he feels really motivated 

Discard
Violet Nafula Bwire
Best Answer

Missing uniform. The student decided to fight the wrong suspect due to anger. They became sworn enemies. The decision was due to peer influence and emotions. If it were to happen again,  she would be calm and confirm first

Discard
Monica
Best Answer

A girl who became pregnant.  Then she gave birth  .later she decided  to get married of which life was not as usual. Eventually  she went to school.  

Discard
Lucy Jepchumba
Best Answer

The problem was a girl deciding to abort even after we had talked to her and had called the parent to help the girl to break the news to her parents. she kept saying they would kill her.

the mother assured her of her support during and after giving birth.

If i found myself in the same situation again I would equally talk to the friends and invite a medic to tell them about abortion.

Discard
Best Answer

Decision they took was to strike and cause unrest in school.

. The challenge was they wanted to be allowed to watchfootball match on the Tv.

Consiquences,they were sent home , school closed indefinitely, come back parents on the day of reporting back to school.

. Another was not to attend morning preps..

Challenges they were tired of waking up in the morning.

Consiquences they were given punishment which they did and they promised never to repeat such mistakes.

I advised them whenever they come across such challenges they should choose their choices  wisely on how to air their grievances which does not have negative impact.

Discard
Abdisalam Issack
Best Answer

It was a girl who used to miss classes regularly , i had to chip in adviced her and later she improved 

Discard
Philomena chepchumba
Best Answer

Boy/girl relationship.I talked to the girl over the issue and advised her to focus on academics. She stopped and improved on her class work.If in same situation, I will employ counselling.

Discard
Lilian
Best Answer

Boy girl relationship effects on education 

Made a follow up and they improved in academics

Discard
Juliet wambulwa
Best Answer

Juliet wambulwa 25 Nov 2021

Grade 5 girls  carried alcohol to school. It was through peer pressure and influence from home. We counseled them together with their parents. Told them dangers of alcohol 

Discard
Mercy Muraya
Best Answer

Problem

To consent to have sex with a boyfriend

Decided not to consent

Consequences(hatred,strained relationship)

If such a request comes again will not consent for this ought to be reserved until marriage

Discard
Mary.t.adolwa
Best Answer

Her friends are having sex and encouraging her to do so.

We talked of the consequence 

I encouraged her to  be assertive when facing her friends

Discard
Best Answer

Drug abuse . Talked to the students and they promised to change

Discard
Loice Njeri Barasa
Best Answer

The situation -Abusing drugs.

To experiment

Consequences- became indiscipline and got suspension

What to do differently- avoid peer pressure, consider the consequences before making any decision

Discard
ALI ADOW ABDINOOR
Best Answer

Drug abuse 

Informed the victim to bring their parents 

Parents denied the child situation. Parents side with their child but upon giving evidence the parents agreed 

What I could do differently if I encounter such case again is to involve the victim to write on paper so that it will an evidence 

Discard
Best Answer

I advised some F 4 students who were scoring  mean grade of E in every examination. They decided to work hard and avoid bad company. I closely monitored them and surprisingly all of them had improved their grades in the next exam.

If the students finds themselves in the same situation again, I would remind them on what we agreed as I continue monitoring them for better achievement

Discard
Francisca Korir
Best Answer

A learner got pregnant .

She was allowed to stay in school and when her pregnancy was due she home and delivered her bouncing baby boy .

After some time she came back to school .

She confessed that the situation made her guilty and self blame.

She said she won't allow it happen again and would be an ambassador against  teenage pregnancy.

Consequences

Lost friends

Had to be alone for some time 

Loss of self worth.

1 Comment
Discard
Jane K Chege
-

Situation... drug abuse.

consequence.. Low performance

Situation... Coupling.

Consequence.. Pregnancy

Guidance and counseling required.

Ismail Abdikadir
Best Answer

Sneaking out of school because of peer pressure and attending class

Taking through counselling 

Improved class attendance

Discard
Florence Andesia
Best Answer

Decision to live within ones means and not by the standards of peers. Advised the learners to focus on self and do things with own family in mind. The learner was able to come to reality and concentrates in class.

Discard
Leonorah Mwamsae
Best Answer

One was involved in lesbianism.

She mentioned of lack of proper parenting and bad influence.

She decided to stop and rather focus on her studies, and be an ambassador of change.

She has being helping others out of lesbianism.

She confessed that it made her lose her self worth and atimes she even thought of committing suicide but rescued on time. She never thinks of going back to it again. She fears losing her self worth again.

Discard
Michael Barasa
Best Answer

Drug abuse,had counselling sessions with  the client n followed his class work and subsequent behaviors,the boy improved n stopped taking drugs,he is grateful upto date,if in same situation, I will employ counselling techniques and skills.

Discard
Florence Atieno
Best Answer

Early marriage, I managed to convince the girl to go back to school and she's did so and promised to advise other girls 

Discard
Polycarp Orinda
Best Answer

1) problem is that a student was out of school most of the time because of medical issue

2) the student appeared to okay a few days after coming from home but after one week he starts complaining the same problem. He had claimed that he was hated by class members and hence was a lot of stress and  the stress was triggering the medical condition. After several session I discovered that the claim was not true.

After sometime we came to an agreement that the medical condition could deal with at home therefore a day school was best for him. I involve the parents about the our decision.

The boy and family saw the sense and they relocated the boy. when they consult with their, they were advised to transfer the boy to a day school for easy monitoring.

3) the consequences included

-parent looking for suitable school

-spending extra money for school fees

-getting used the new environment

- the boy is happily settled in the new environment.

4) when i find myself in the same situation i would try involve the parents at very early stage so that the student does waste a lot of learning time

Discard
NALEA MURUGA NYAGA
Best Answer

Taking drugs, i came closer to the students advising against and he decided to quit drug abuse

Discard
Ezekiel Wanzala
Best Answer

Counselled  aboy  who  was  deep in a relationship. To stop completely. He  dropped  out  of school. Involved  the parent and the area chief and now he is back. 

I will  continually talk to  the learners. 

Discard
Mrs. Wambugu
Best Answer

1. What was the problem or situation?

The learner was missing school a lot.

2. What decision did you arrive at and how?

Talking to the teacher about the reason for her missing school.

3. What were the consequences of your decision?

The issue was resolved with the help of the teacher and parent and she was able to come to school regularly.

4. If you found yourself in the same situation again, what is it that you would do differently? Nothing.

Discard
Best Answer
  1. What was the problem or situation? To drop out of school.

2. What decision did you arrive at and how? Advised them to not give up. That dropping out of school would only bring more problems in later life.

3. What were the consequences of your decision? The student stayed and didn't drop out of school. 

4. If you found yourself in the same situation again, what is it that you would do differently? I'll talk to the particular student and his/her friends to ensure that the trend doesn't catch up with any of them. 

Discard
Dorcas muleso
Best Answer

A student abusing drugsadvised her on the dangers and risks involved

Positive response seen in class and behavior wise. Keeps reminding them the good they can do to build themselves

Discard
BRIGIT MARTHA OUMA
Best Answer

1. A student was considering to do an abortion.

2. I talked and counseled her out of doing it despite everyone's advice.

3. The girl kept the pregnancy and gave birth. She called me while in hospital to thank me.

4. I would do the same thing again.

Discard
Peter Kabiru
Best Answer

Problem: missed supper

Decision: sneaking out of school. 

Consequence: punished and parent bought a 600M birbed wire

Future decision: Report the problem and if there is need to gome home,  should seek permission. 

Discard
John Ngigi
Best Answer

A student  disclosed how he had  been  indulged  in  drug  abusr

I  decided  to  give  him  a counsellind  sessions

consequences  were   that  he  had   started  dropping  his  meanscore

He  had  also   lost  friends.

I will  keep  on  helping  such   cases when they  arise

Discard
Best Answer

A form 3 girl who had.  used a family planning method that was making her bled bleed so much.. I guided and referred her to the hospital for check up...she went and she was,assisted LCL l

Sl

Discard
Best Answer

a learner who claimed that she is tired with life and want to commit suicide. advised her and told her life is more precious than everything, followed her, guided her and now she is stable continuing with her studies

Discard
Martha Gikonyo
Best Answer

Truancy.

Discussed with the student on the cause of absentism. Show him the need of being at school at all times.

Signs

Drop in performance

Negative attitude toward subject and teachers.

Rejection

Discard
Elizabeth Kasyoka
Best Answer

Problem situation:Insult by a friend.

Decision:not to retaliate despite peer pressure to do so.

Faced with the same challenge I would do the same.

Discard
Peninah
Best Answer

Absenteeism due to lack of school levis.Dialogued with the pupil n guardian and l mobilised support in aid of school fees.

Learner came back to school and performance changed positively

Discard
elizabeth wanjiku
Best Answer

The problem was that there was a compulsive  urge to go home  for a weekend after parents who had attended a meeting in school were allowed to take their sons home for a weekend. Those whose parents had missed were required to stay in school and wait for the next Monday to go home for fees.

With the advice of a peer , they decided to sneak out of school and go home.

The consequence of the choice was that both were found out when the parent of one coincidentally visited school to check on the son only for him to be found missing with no school record showing official departure.  A SUSPENSION WAS GIVEN TO THE TWO AFTER RESUMING SCHOOL.

A case followed when they resumed accompanied by the parents.

In case of a similar occurrence , they would choose to remain in school and wait for an appropriate time to leave as the experience had taught them that mischief can turn very sour.

Discard
Truphena Cherotich
Best Answer

decision to have learners in groups discussion on my teaching subject and also offer remedial lessons. they were receptive and learner participation was enhanced

the challenge was being limited by time and having to fight for remedial lessons with other subject teachers. 

did not give up but sought to have lessons when the demand from my colleagues were most likely not to attend 

Discard
Judith Kutol
Best Answer

Whether to buy a piece of land or not

I bought the land and it has earned me more income

Discard
MIKE SANG
Best Answer

Consequences

Lost friends

Same situation again

Consult a counselo

Discard
Audlite mulinga
Best Answer

Being absent in class. To go look for money,their were punished  in  the school ,but after that they realized the mistake

Discard
Jane Odugu
Best Answer

The problem was premarital sex 

I gave in to peer pressure 

The consequence was early pregnancy 

If the same challenge comes I will definitely say no. I'll be assertive 

Discard
BEATRICE AYIEKO
Best Answer

Going on a trip with family.

I made a decision to go though costly

The family bonded very well.

I will still take the decision to go on a family trip.

Discard
Jannet Chebunye
Best Answer

Leaving school  and become a maid to and a living  advise on the importance of  completing  school. She accepted and got on with her education. 

Discard
Eunice cheptuyot
Best Answer

Talked to the students on the issue of absentism. They took it positively and improved on their school attendance. Consequences were very good and impressive results. 

Discard
Eunice kamanthe John
Best Answer

Lesbianism 

Had sessions with the girls involved who opened up and admitted that they began the practice way back in primary school.

Looked at the consequences of such behaviour and the two girls committed themselves to desist from such behaviour 

Discard
Gladys wanjala
Best Answer

A pregnant girl wanted to abort,she never succeeded,gave birth to a baby boy,of which her mother has never gotten in life,it changed her positively , never to avictim of such circumstances.

Discard
Annaline Maritim
Best Answer

Abortion.  I counselled the girl against that decision. She did not do it. After school, the girl was married by the child's father. Today they are living in the US since the man got green card. Up to date the girl is thanking me!

Discard
Shaila Mwanza
Best Answer

Boy-girl relationships. 

There was serious guidance and counselling sessions done which resulted to both parties halting their initial plans hence good results realised at the end.

Discard
Joyce cherono
Best Answer

Absenteeism due to lack of fee 

dialogued with the student and I mobilised support in aid of school fees 

The learner came back to school and performance changed positively.

Discard
Ambrose lepati
Best Answer

Abusing drugs

Consequences

Lost friends

Same situation again

Consult a counselor

Discard
Best Answer

Absenteeism

Students to be expelled from school in chronic absenteeism

Consequences of being present in Schools

1. Passing exams

2. No punishment

3. Peace of mind

Discard
Jane wangeci
Best Answer

Absenteeism_talked to a student on the need to be present in school always

Signs

Feel rejected

Drop in class performances

Low self esteem

By cotting some subjects

What if it happens again

Involves parents

Guidance and counseling

Discard
Mercy chepkirui
Best Answer

The problem was the the issue of drug abuse in the school.

I talked with the concerned student on the dangers of the drugs, the student promised never to use the drugs again. I also informed his parents on the issue and to do follow up 

Discard
Nancy Wasike
Best Answer

Negative attitude towards a teacher.Talked to the learners and they took it positively.There was great improvement in the said teachers subject.Would make same decision as I did to learners

Discard
Lilianyego
Best Answer

performance due to family problems

Decision:

I spoke with the student and told him to focus on his studies and not involve himself with family issues, i also spoke with student's parent.

Consequences:

Better results compared to the previous one

if found in the same situation I would still choose to focus on my studies and further seek guidance and counselling

Discard
Lawrence Wafula
Best Answer

Lawrence Wafula

Sexual abuse,I talked to the girl. She told me boys who were harassing her. Secretly I called the boys , talked to them. Both of them rate of truancy is minimal. I can see improvement in the class.

Discard
Tadicha diramu
Best Answer

Tadicha.

Decision and consequences;

Truancy and lateness.

Learners were guided and counselled by different teachers on the importance of education showing examples of past learners changes and succeeded in life.

Improved and maintained their performance well.

Teachers to continue with guiding session from time to time.

Discard
Mwok Johnathan Awan
Best Answer

Drug and its abuse

Discard
Elishiba John
Best Answer

Drug and substance abuse 

Talked to the boy about the consequences of such actions in one's body and maintained the daily routine check up 

He stopped abusing drugs and has become very presentable and respectable 

I would employ guidance and counseling technique to solve the problem

Discard
BENARD AMBUCHI
Best Answer

Dropping out of school was the challenge.

Visited the boys home and talked his siblings, parents and himself.

He to choose between staying home and not do KCPE or come back to school and continue schooling and sit for his KCPE next year.

The boy came back to school the next day upto date.He has seen the real meaning of schooling.

Discard
Mark
Best Answer

Chronic absentee student.

Advised the student to attend classes regularly and improve on discipline.should stop by blaming others and lame excuses.

The decision was good and helped the learner to concentrate to his studies.the performance improved.

In future it prudent to involve the parent or guardian so as to make follow up at home

Discard
Nancy okal
Best Answer
  1. What was the problem or situation? Involvement in sexual activities

2. What decision did you arrive at and how? Stopping 

3. What were the consequences of your decision?she decided to change to continue with her education

4. If you found yourself in the same situation again, what is it that you would do differently? She promised to say no.

Discard
Maymuna Osman Abdi
Best Answer

Love story the learner was withdrawn from the classwork activities I guided and counselled.

Discard
Ngeno Hilary Kipkirui
Best Answer

I handled a case of a student who decided to stay away from school for the entire month. The reason for this was unclear. When he resumed studies, he had faced a lot of problems including several injuries sustained as a result of taking alcohol and trying to learn how to ride a motorcycle. It was a painful experience but after talking with him he promised to change for the better. True to his word, he performanced well in the end of the year exams.

Discard
Brenda Ndiemae
Best Answer

Alcohol taking. I talked to the girls and they changed.if I find them in the same mistake,  I shall involve profesional guidance and counselling

Discard
Edith Mang'oli
Best Answer

Learner sleeping in class the reason being sincerely e January he had not gone home because he plays football in school.

Talked to him the importance of also performing well in class work and he has improved

Discard
Best Answer

A bright learner was on scholarship but dropped drastically,called her mother and we talked to her,she improved and did well, Guidance and counselling helped greatly.

Discard
Best Answer

A learner had dropped in her performance. Called her to find out what was the problem. She opened up, made her realize the consequences of the choice she had made. She later on changed and her performance improved.

Discard
Dorothy Biteya
Best Answer

Lesbianism, a very intelligent student involved in this, did guidance and counselling, the girl promised to change and actually she reformed. She even improved in her performance

Discard
Irene ivy
Best Answer

The learner,a good performer,became a chronic absentee. Talked to him,found out the reasons,we agreed with administration to assist him,counseled him.

Discard
Caroline Munge
Best Answer

Early pregnancies in school,advised the girl to be strong and move on with life..Would rather advice girls before it happens

Discard
Chepkemoi Leah
Best Answer

Form4 refused to do an assignment, instead of punishing them I just decided to talk to them and let them decide what they want .it was very successful.because they adhered to it.

Discard
Omudele John
Best Answer

Challenge;- Absenteeism and earl sex.

Consequences;- she settled and she passed her exams.

Decision;- concentrate with education.

Discard
Patricia maina
Best Answer

Patricia maina.l vote for Emmy Chelangat.A student took alcohol,got very drunk and looked pathetic.He was interrogated later.He was send home to report back with parents.The student later disappeared never to come back.If given the same chance again l would dig deeper to a problem before punishing a student

Discard
Hawa wabomba
Best Answer

Disrespecting one of the parents because the other parent never showed respect to him

My client was talked to becaurse it had reached a point where the male parent wanted to desert his home but still torn apart brcause he loved the other children

He has since cooled the boy is now his ftiend

Discard
Sr. Francisca Yovo
Best Answer

Choice of friends based on peer pressure

decisions based on peer pressure

Discard
Best Answer

Absenteeism. Talked to them on the importance of attending school regularly 

Discard
Atiang Joan Murefu
Best Answer

1.Going to school late.

2.Not to respect elders.

The consequences were negative.

1.The problem is that they were punished.

2. Going to school early and respecting elders.

3. I was not punished.

4. I will go to school and respect  elders.

Discard
Victoria Sila
Best Answer

A few of my girls contributed money and bought miraa when we had a sports day. on learning about it, the school administration suspended them all. Their case was heard later and necessary remedial action taken. in guiding and counseling the involved girls, they were so annoyed they fell on the trap of peer pressure & hadn't imagined the consequences.. Given the same scenario again ,they said they wouldn't  do it again, instead they would report it to the administration.

Discard
Dianakeith
Best Answer

Talked of truancy and ignoring bathing. The peers told me about the boy, advised him. His now in school and so clean . shall do the same to others .

Discard
James Ochuodho
Best Answer

Dropping out of school due to peer pressure, he got involved in drug abuse, if given opportunity he can go back and pursue his education

Discard
Sarah Lusweti
Best Answer

A student was was a chronic smoker 

Talked to him about the effects of the cigarettes and counseled the boy 

Now a reformed boy and doing fine

Discard
NAOMI KIMOTHO
Best Answer

A learner wanted to drop out of school  but talked to him.He  changed and now teaching in anearby sec. School. Am very happy and he is so grateful.

Discard
Best Answer

A student who was always absent,I talked to him and involved the administration who called the parent.the school fees issue was solved, the boy is still greatful.

Discard
Best Answer

Think of any two decisions they have taken in the past. Ask them to further decide whether they think the consequences of that decision were positive or negative.

1. What was the problem or situation? Transfer / promotion

2. What decision did you arrive at and how? To go for it

3. What were the consequences of your decision?If you found yourself in the same situation again, what is it that you would do differently? Weigh the options and make decisions using the 3C model

Discard
Sylvia Longino
Best Answer

This girl was being lured in lesbianism. She said no and avoided the company of the influencer. The influencer hated so much. Next time she says will report to peer educator immediately.

Discard
Chepkirui Lilian
Best Answer

The boy had fees problems and lacked parental love. He had opted to commit suicide. Talked to him and he is now ok. If faced with the same problem he will seek for advice 

Discard
Esther kerich
Best Answer

PROBLEM.An attempted rape to a grade Four pupil by the uncle.

• DECISION MADE.I immediately took the girl for check up then report the Uncle.CONSEQUENCES.On the realisation that the girl was taken for medical check-up,the uncle disappeared before he was arrested.IF IN SAME SITUATION NEXT.Will make sure the calprit is arrested immediately.will call 116.

Discard
Evans Kiptarus
Best Answer

Chronic absenteeism

I talked to the student on impact of the behavior

The student improved on absenteeism

I would involve the parents

Discard
Hamisa Shaban
Best Answer

Form two students  were chronic  absentees, i had to guide  them ,and encourage  them by telling  them the consequences of not attending school  daily,  most have minimize  absenteeism. 

Discard
Abuya rodah
Best Answer

Form two students  were chronic  absentees, i had to guide  them ,and encourage  them by telling  them the consequences of not attending school  daily,  most have minimised  absenteeism. 

Discard
Mathew Ogundha
Best Answer

Not to do the teacher's homework

Consequences were punishment

Discard
MARY NTHENYA MUASYA
Best Answer

A boy was playing truancy,I talked to him and I realised that he lacked basic needs ie food shelter and clothing.He didnt have a single book for class work.I talked to the administration where he was given enough books and the head of the  institution allowed the boy to be getting two dishes  of cooked food daily  fromthe school:one for lunch and the other one for supper

Discard
Aron Mutugi
Best Answer

Drug and substance abuse, engagement into sexual activities.

Seek guidance from an experienced individual on how to deal with the challenge

Discard
Janepher Osianju
Best Answer

The problem  was not taking his ARV drugs. He agreed to take and today he is healthy

Discard
Zipporah mwatha
Best Answer

A girl wanted to commit suicide. I  called her close relatives .the girl was rescued from the aunt who was mistreating her and she was taken to another aunt who loves her.                                                         I will always be there for all my students 

Discard
Evaline kirui
Best Answer

Selection of subjects optional subjects

1.good performance

Discard
Margaret mureithi
Best Answer

A student ( girl) in form three was being forced by relatives to undergo FGM...she was much stressed and I had to stay with her till through the area chief u convinced the parents about the negative effects and stoped the plan.......I  would also use the method.....legal means

Discard
Caroline Simiyu
Best Answer

Problem-Drug abuse

Decision-To quit

Consequences-hallucinations, lack of sleep, absent mindedness

If in the same situation again, the student said he would look for early advice

Discard
Eunice Nyambega
Best Answer

Form three students refused to take juice simply because they were the last group to be given... I had to punish them buy assigning a place to clean and then later we had guidance and counseling session..After that they apologized and promised not to repeat.. I chose punishment to correct the behavior and also G&C was necessary for them to understand better the consequences of misbehaving..if the same happens again I'll employ the method

Discard
Rose kirui
Best Answer

Chronic absenteeism in school... involved the parents on the cause and the pupil is settled in school